High Heels and Training Wheels: What I Wore: Copy Cat Closet

header1

3.13.2013

What I Wore: Copy Cat Closet




It's hump day! And today I'm linking-up at Ma Nouvelle Mode for this week's Copy Cat Challenge. I love this challenge; it is a big reason for starting this little blog of mine. (Oooh that's a cute name! 'This little blog of mine' although I'm sure it's taken) The challenge each week is an inspiration photo or a key theme such as 'stripes'. Then you come up with your own version of that outfit/theme and link up your photo on Wednesday. I've been participating on my own long before I had a blog to link up and let me tell you, it is so much fun. It really does keep you from getting in an outfit rut or a 'funk'. I even went out and bought my leopard print flats just for a challenge! Something I would never ever buy on my own and I am so glad I did because they are super duper cute! You should give it a try!

the Grant life



Now, here I just went on and on about how it challenges you to wear something different and then I go and cheat...on my first week! Here is this week's inspiration photo:






SUCH a cute outfit. But, I am just starting to inch out of my 'mom wear' and I do not own a blazer....or ANY heels! I know, right!? Especially since my blog is High Heels and Training Wheels! I feel so ashamed to admit that! I'm a fraud! Ahh! But seriously, I'm working my way up to this fabulousness and eventually the name will fit. It's a learning process, right? 


So without further ado, here is what I wore today. I finally get to link-up with my new flats from the animal print Copy Cat Challenge. Better late than never!




Shoes: TJ Maxx ($5.00) 
Jeans: Old Navy ($6.50) 
Chambray: TJ Maxx ($10.00) 
Scarf: Goodwill ($ .99) 
Braclet: ? (old) 

Grand Total: ($22.49) 


How's that for savings?? I'm very proud of my thriftiness on this one! If you haven't already, you should check out Ma Nouvelle Mode. It is such a fun blog! Natalia is very inspiring and I love all the fun stuff she posts! Well, that's it for me. Happy hump day!



 photo Signature.png

4 comments :

  1. So cute! You look so cute. You're not a fraud, you are just working up to it! I can't wait to see what you'll do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Natalia! I have so many things I WANT to do, I just have to find the time for them! You're a mom, you get it. ;) But for today, I'm just so happy I got to do a challenge! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This looks super cute! You are definitely off to a great start! Welcome to Blogland, you'll have so much fun!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ginny! I am so excited about it! She's just a baby still but I'm proud of her and I can't wait to do all the things I have in mind and meet new people! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

So how do you feel about this post? Inspired? Thrilled? Or maybe it was terrible? Well, I hope it wasn't terrible...but let it out anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips